The secret behind owning a hat that has stood the test of time is caring for it. There are certain things you need to do which will ensure that they do not lose their shape and they appear almost as new as when they were first worn. Does that interest you? Here are 10 ways to care for hats:
- Get a rack.
- Dust your hats regularly.
- For hats with brim, handle or hold at its brim.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- If wet, dry naturally in a cool and dry place.
- For straw hats, gently brush them with a soft brush to remove stains.
- Avoid touching your hats with dirt on your hands
- Store it upside down on its crown
- Don’t wring your hats.
- For cloche hats, store them on a hat stand.
How do you store your hat?