As we celebrate World Eggs Day,Egg Nutrition Center shares interesting facts about eggs that you probably never knew:
1. Eggs contain the highest quality protein you can buy.
2. To tell if an egg is raw or hard-cooked, spin it! If the egg spins easily, it is hard-cooked but if it wobbles, it is raw.
3. Egg yolks are one of the few foods that are a naturally good source of Vitamin D.
4. If an egg is accidentally dropped on the floor, sprinkle it heavily with salt for easy clean up.
5. Yolk colour depends on the diet of the hen.
6. Eggs age more in one day at room temperature than in one week in the refrigerator.
7. A large egg contains only 70 calories and 5 grams of fat (1.5grams saturated fat).
8. Egg protein has just the right mix of essential amino acids needed by humans to build tissues. It is second only to mother’s milk for human nutrition.
9. An average hen lays 300 to 325 eggs a year.
10. To produce one egg, it takes a hen 24-26 hours.
11. As a hen grows older she produces larger eggs.
12. The fastest omelette maker in the world made 427 two-egg omelettes in 30 minutes. American Egg Board’s Howard Helmer, is the Omelette King; he holds three Guinness World Records for omelette making. [hr gap=”1″]
This message is brought to you by Funtuna Eggs.