Some pictures through clothes and attitude depict clues about the lives they lived, the government regime of that decade, socioeconomic position of the people and how they rebelled against conformity. Fashion is a part of who we are. Our evolving culture is woven in the fabric of everything we wear today and pictures beautifully show just how far that thread connects us to generations.
Africa Fashion Week Nigeria 2015
- 2 VIP tickets to the Gala Night and After Show Party.
- Tickets to all the show.
- Fabrics Courtesy DaViva
- A Designer Outfit.
- Meet & Greet with our Brand Ambassador Oreka Godis.
- 20 of the best images will be exhibited at the ‘Evolution of Iro and Buba’ Exhibition and the selected image owners will be giving ticket to the show.
- Follow @afwlandafwn on instagram
- Follow @africafwnigeria on twitter.
- Follow @Africafashionweeknigeria on facebook.
- Use the hashtag #AfricaFashionWeekNigeria #AFWNContest to send your pictures and include a description of who is in the picture.
- Images choosing will form as a time-scale exhibition of the ‘Evolution of Iro and Buba’ during the Africa Fashion Week Nigeria holding on 23rd & 24th of May2015.
- Images should reference the date (era) it was taken and possibly location.
- We welcome a variety of entries; black and white, monochrome, full coloured to represent each decade.
- Damaged images would be automatically disqualified.
- The sender must have the right/permission to submit such image (indemnifying us of any infringement).
- The name of the person in the picture would be required and the year t
- A short reference to a notable event around the time the particular ‘oleku’ was in vogue would be welcome not compulsory.
JReason, Tabeeta Fashion Affair,
Accessories: Stylist’s Own
Assisted By: Ar’zu Okaro
Film Production: Arcadia digital network
Photo Artist: Twelve05 Photography