The greener a smoothie, the healthier, some say. I am not sure if that is correct but I do know how to make a few green natural smoothies. In this post, I will be sharing the recipe for a green smoothie without having to add some spinach to it. Though, Spinach is a really healthy vegetable that you should add to every smoothie recipe if you can.
Ingredients for The Green Smoothie Without Spinach
- An Apple
- Ginger (Thumbsized)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
How To Prepare The Green Smoothie
- Wash all the fruits
- Seed and cut the apple into tiny bits
- Slice and cut the cucumber into smaller bits
- Peel the back of the ginger and cut them into tiny bits
- Put all the ingredients into a blender
- Blend the ingredients until you get the texture you want
- Pour the green smoothie into any container of your choice
- It helps to detox the system and flush it of all toxins
- With the Apples, the smoothie will taste a lot better than without.
- Green apples are a great source for dietary fibre and they can help to reduce the risk of certain diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart related diseases.
- Cucumbers help you stay hydrated which is good for having a healthy skin. It also helps with weightloss.
- I love the idea of ginger as I get nauseous easily. So, this helps especially when I do not add peppers to my smoothie. It also helps with pain and belly fat.
- Lettuce provides your body with calcium, potassium, vitamin C.