A few weeks back, Samsung Nigeria called on all Nigerians to make a palm selfie of their dreams. If you missed that, read HERE.
It has been well over a month and Samsung has just released the top 7 palm selfie dreamers. They are;
- Murjanat Yakubu who wants to be a chef. She says, “I have always dreamed of training to become a pastry Chef. This is as a result of my love for baking and cooking generally. I always have goose bumps when I see a creatively baked cake and beautifully presented foods. I believe in this dream and I know that with a little professional training I could b a great chef and own a good pastry and confectionery shop to be reckoned with someday”.
- Ify who will “like to see a Nigeria where no kid is denied an education; where no child is left roaming the streets; where destitution is history. My dream is to help destitute kids get off the street”.
- Tinuke Taiwo whose dream is to “become a bridals, corporate wear and evening dress designer. I love to see and make people look good by designing and making beautiful outfits for them. Fashion designing is fun and it makes me really happy!”
- Peters-Okonkwo Israel who would love “to be a master of the Piano. I play already but I want to be the best at it and Write my own symphonies”.
- Lex Chinedu Nnadozie who wants to “eradicate Schistosomiasis in Kasanki community of Gwagwalada area council in Abuja by providing potable water (boreholes) so they will stop using water from their infested stream. Schistosomiasis is a water based warm disease that makes people pass blood in their urine, and can ultimately make them have bladder cancer”.
- Wilson Alao who desires to have “a certified degree in sound engineering,i have all the ideas but people respect those who have a certificate to show that you passed though a class to learn what you are. Plus it will give me an additional advantage to know more about been a sound engineer”.
- Talabi Adegoke Adebayo who wants to “Donate Computer Books to Public Primary and Secondary Schools. Each year the National Youth Service Corps provides the opportunity to corps members to impact our host communities by identifying a need in the community. I Talabi Adegoke, a corps member currently serving in Lagos state at Lagos Island as my local government area (LGA) hereby solicit your support having identified a need for public primary and secondary schools in my local government area”.
These 7 dreamers had a discussion with Samsung about realising their dreams which you can read up HERE. From what we read, they are not just saying these things, they actually do wish to see that their dreams are realised. Some of them even have a budget of what it will cost to realise this dream.
Samsung is committed to actually holding their “palms” and seeing that the dreams which they inscribed on them come to past. But that can only be possible through your votes. It is your responsibility to select the best dreamer.
To do so, visit www.pictureyourdream.ng and vote. Voting ends midnight, 7th November, 2015.
This competition is powered by the Samsung Galaxy J7 #PictureYourDream