Lagos fashion and Design Week is almost here again. Slated for the 28th to the 31st of October, 2015, the organisers are already calling for applications from young fashion designers who wish to showcase their designs. However, there is the big one which is the LFDW Fashion Focus. This is an event which is sponsored by Jeineken in partnership with the British Council.
LFDW Fashion focus brings together a range of designers, practitioners and institutions from across Nigeria and the United Kingdom to explore new ways of working through a range of workshops and networking sessions which takes place between 2015 and 2016.
Selected finalists are offered the opportunity to not only exhibit their collection but there is the opportunity with Grey Velvet Nigeria and a scholarship to Instituto Marangoni.
LFDW Fashion Focus – Eligibility
- Designers must have a minimum of 2 – 5 years working experience
- Designers will be required to send moodboards and sketches of their work with samples of finished outfits.
- Designers must be fully trained or have sufficient knowledge of fashion design
- Designers must have existing sales point(s) within the Nigerian fashion retail eco system
- Designers must have existing editorial features in print, online or social media
- Designers must be capable of developing and presenting their own designs for Lagos Fashion and Design Week
For all other information, including the application form, click LFDW 2015