We are thrilled to introduce you to the Male host of the Africa Fashion Week Nigeria.
“To be a representative of a prestigious Fashion event showcasing fashion talents and designers from across the continent is nothing more but a privilege. Fashion has always been a big part of career and will always be and being Mr. Nigeria as well as Mr. Africa, looking and feeling good is all the end game of fashion in my life”
Mr Nigeria & Mr Africa
Emmanuel is talented singer, actor, TV host, and model. His mother ran an entertainment company in Nigeria, which was a great life influence. After winning the first edition of United States International University’s Pop Idol competition, he continued to achieve:
- Representing his school at various international programs like the Harvard Nation Model United Nations as a delegate in Boston.
- Performing at various shows with popular Nigerian and East African media acts such as Wyre, Redsan, Darey, Basketmouth, Chidinma, D banj, Cecile, and Chris Martin.
- Recording songs with Timaya and other top African acts.
- He also rocked several runways as a model, including the prestigious FAFA (Fashion for peace), a charity event that brought top designers and models in Africa and its diaspora to Kenya. He took part for about three editions on the show.
- Emmanuel showcased his acting prowess while playing the role of FEMI in the Award winning MTV Base drama series, ‘SHUGA’ that took Africa and the entire world by storm. On this project, he worked with Lupita Nyongo, Banky W, Wizkid, Ice prince etc.
In December 2013, Emmanuel relocated back to Nigeria and has since secured several lead roles in movies. He participated in the Mr. Nigeria 2014 contest and emerged as the winner in April 2014. He then went on to represent Nigeria at the Mr. World 2014 contest, where he emerged as the First Runner up, Mr. World 2014. He also won the Fashion and Style Award. Emmanuel is the first African to reach the position of the Second most desirable man as well as most fashionable and stylish man in the world.
Emmanuel has an undying passion to care for children and inspire young people around the world. This led to lay the roots for ‘The Emmanuel Ikubese Foundation’. The aim is advocate for children who have no parent caring for them. Emmanuel believes that every child should be cared for, as this shapes as they grow. He also aims to advocate against Domestic violence.
He is currently establishing relationships with several orphanages in Nigeria and working on movies to help advocate for non-Domestic violence. Although The Emmanuel Ikubese Foundation is at its first stage, some progress has already been made, to positively impact the community….